Biblical women, both named and unnamed, played an important role and their stories can enrich the lives of the faithful. Ursuline Sister of Youngstown Sister Patricia McNicholas is offering a series of lectures on Women in Scripture for Lent.
Running Mondays March 10-April 14, the sessions will be offered twice daily, either from 10-11:30 am, or 6:30-8 pm, at the UrsulineCenter, 4280 Shields Rd., Canfield. The donation is $15 per session or $60 for all five sessions. To register, contact Eileen Novotny, Ursuline Associate, at 330-533-3831.
Download Registration Form
After transitioning from the role of executive director of Beatitude House to development officer in May 2013, Sister Patricia was accepted into the Hesburgh Sabbatical program at Catholic Theological Union, University of Chicago, where she met and studied with people from around the world. Sister Patricia wants to share the excitement of discovering women in the Bible and a deeper appreciation of our God, who is powerful and gentle, strong, and compassionate.
Topics to be discussed in the series are:
· Development of the Bible
· Methods for reading the Bible
· Various images of God in the Bible
· An expanded method of finding women in the Bible
· Such women in the Bible as Eve, Mary, Elizabeth, and Mary Magdalene
· Reflection on the cross and resurrection in the light of women’s lives
· Reflection on the impact of a deeper appreciation of women in the Bible and in the church